Home » Apple » 2015 Macbook Pro 15 with dedicated GPU Review, what I like about it
2015 Macbook Pro 15 with dedicated GPU Review, what I like about it
I have been reading the reviews of the 2015 Macbook Pro 15. Today I finally pulled the trigger and ordered one for myself.
What I like about the new 2015 Apple Macbook Pro 15 with dedicated GPU
1. Speed: this laptop is really fast. Most of the times applications open before the busy icon can even bounce! It starts up quickly and by the time I open the lid, it is already ready. I installed the latest version of photoshop and this laptop handles it like a pro – no pun intended. Safari browser is incredibly snappy and even a webpage with tons of ads cannot bog this thing down. If you find the Macbook 2015 slow with its Core M 5Y71 processor, don’t look elsewhere and buy the MBP 2015 with dedicated graphics.
2. GPU: Even when I am using the iGPU that is the Iris Pro 5200 integrated graphics that come with the Intel processor, sliding between spaces and menus is buttery smooth. I highly recommend downloading gfx card status as it will allow you to choose the GPU you wish to use – integrated or dedicated. So when you are doing something like video editing in Final Cut Pro, you can make the laptop use dedicated graphics.
3. Force Touch TrackPad: This feature made its debut in Macbook 2015 and people seem to love it. I took love it as I can finally choose how the click should feel. You can custom the ‘feel’ by going to its settings. I have set it to firm and it feels just like a button now.
4. Speakers: These are much better over the Macbook Pro 2010 model. While the one on the 2010 were not bad, the new ones sound more powerful and full.
5. Retina display: If you go retina once, you will never return to non-retina displays. You will find people gathering around you to see how beautiful and crisp the display is. It really looks fantastic.