Origin EON15-S is a gaming laptop and it comes with latest Intel kabylake processor and Nvidia Pascal graphics card. Origin EON15-S specifications include 15.6” full HD IPS screen with matte panel, Intel kabylake processor and Nvidia Pascal 1050 graphics card.
The starting model that retails for 999 dollars will get you Intel Core i3-7100H processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM and 120GB SSD and will run windows 10 home operating system. I am pretty sure people are going to complain about lack of storage on this model unless you are planning to install only a few games on it.
If you are a serious gamer, you would want to get the top end model that comes with Intel Core i7-7700HQ quad core processor, 32GB RAM and 6TB storage. This one will cost you 4000 dollars.
Fortunately, there is an 2.5 inch bay and M.2 PCIe slot so you will have less trouble in increasing its storage capacity. Backlit keyboard is standard on all models and since all come with Nvidia 1050 GPU as standard, all of them are VR capable. This makes them excellent desktop replacement laptops.
The Origin EON15-S weighs 5.1 pounds and is 1” thick. It will give you about six hour battery life which is not bad at all for a serious gaming laptop. It is not an ultrabook by any means and it does not pretends to be one. It has good looks and definitely looks like a premium gaming laptop under 1000 dollars.
Origin EON15-S design options:
Metallic: ORIGIN PC Red, ORIGIN PC White, Eternal Pink, Sabot Grey, Atmos Blue, Evolve Green, Horizon Yellow, Epic Purple
Custom: Custom Paint – Exclusive ORIGIN Design
Design: True Fire, True Fire ORIGIN Red, True Fire Atmos Blue, Neurons, Battle-Tested, Shredder Red, Shredder Green, Shredder Blue
Hydro Dip: Carbon Fiber
Panel Designs: ORIGIN PC Black
* FHD 1920 x 1080 15.6″ IPS Matte Display
* Customizable Backlit Keyboard w/ Three Lighting Zones and Multiple Color options and Multi-gesture Touchpad
* NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5
* Intel Core i3-7100H Dual-Core 3.00GHz / Intel Core i5-7300HQ Quad-Core 2.50GHz (3.50GHz TurboBoost) / Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad-Core 2.80GHz (3.80GHz TurboBoost)
* RAM options:
1. 16GB ORIGIN PC Approved DDR4 2133MHz (2 X 8GB)
2. 8GB Kingston HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz (2 X 4GB)
3. 16GB Kingston HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz (2 X 8GB)
1. 8GB ORIGIN PC Approved DDR4 2400MHz (2 X 4GB)
2. 16GB ORIGIN PC Approved DDR4 2400MHz (2 X 8GB)
3. 32GB ORIGIN PC Approved DDR4 2400MHz (2 X 16GB)
4. 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2400MHz (2 X 8GB)
5. 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2400MHz (2 X 16GB)
1. 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2666MHz (2 X 8GB)
2. 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2666MHz (2 X 16GB)
1. Lifetime 24/7 U.S. Based Support and Lifetime Free Labor. 1 Year Part Replacement & 45 Day Shipping Warranty
2. Lifetime 24/7 U.S. Based Support and Lifetime Free Labor. 1 Year Part Replacement & Free Shipping Warranty
3. Lifetime 24/7 U.S. Based Support and Lifetime Free Labor. 2 Year Part Replacement & Free Shipping Warranty
* WiFi and Bluetooth
1. Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 +BT Combo
2. Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 + BT Combo