We now have instructions on how to root the Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo as well as on how to download TWRP for the S3 Neo android phone. TWRP is a custom recovery that has touch support while CWM has no touch screen support. Rooting S3 Neo is possible after installing CWM or TWRP custom recoveries on it.
Installation instructions without ODIN if your phone is on Android 4.3
1. Install TWRP or CWM for S3 Neo (download links given at the bottom of the article)
2. Download SuperSU-v2.45.zip and KNOX-Removal-Script.zip (all links are at bottom).
3. Transfer downloaded zips to SD Card
4. Boot into recovery mode (Volume UP + Home + Power button)
5. Flash SuperSU-v2.45.zip and Knox-Removal-Script.zip
How to install CWM using odin
1. Download recovery.tar.md5
2. Download ODIN and Samsung USB drivers
3. Boot device in download mode ( Vol down + home + power )
4. Press volume up ( continue ) and connect phone with PC
5. Make sure Odin recognizes your phone ( There should be something like “0:[COM11]” in first box and it will be yellow )
6. Press PDA and navigate to recovery.tar.md5
7. Make sure Re-partition is unchecked
8. Press “Start” and wait few seconds
9. Device will reboot and you will have TWRP recovery on your device ( Boot with vol up + home + power )
If your on S3 Neo Android 4.4.4, then follow these instructions.
1 – Download and install the USB drivers for I9300I; link
2 – Download Odin v3.09;
3 – Download TWRP from this link;
4 – Download and Update SuperSU from here and Knox Removal Script (link) and copy them to your SDCard;
5 – Flash TWRP via Odin;
6 – Boot into TWRP, go to Settings and disable “Enable screen timeout”, then install Update SuperSU and Knox Removal Script;
7 – Reboot;
Android 4.3 download links
Official Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo update is now available from download. This update will upgrade your android device to android 4.4.4 kitkat. This phone was launched in april with android 4.3 onboard but has now been upgraded to Android 4.4.4 kitkat.
This S3 Neo comes with Snapdragon 400 compared to Exynos in the non Neo S3 version. This new update brings more fluid interface, transparent status bar and available for download via KIES and OTA. You can also download it as full ROM from link given below.
You can root S3 Neo on android 4.4.4 by following instructions given here. Use ODIN to flash this ROM.
Samsung will probably never be pushing Android 5.1.1 for the Galaxy S3 Neo but XDA has got us covered where several developers have provided custom S3 neo ROMs allowing users to taste the Android 5.1.1 lollipop on their devices. This Galaxy S3 Neo Motion ROM is the best one out there. Only three things are not working on it – NFC and FM radio. Other than that, this ROM is flawless. This is how Galaxy S3 Neo Motion ROM looks like.
* Download ROM from below given link.
* Put it on SD card and flash using custom recovery
* After flashing – hard reset in custom recovery
After flashing ROM go to /system and edit last build.prop line from ro.multisim.simslotcount=1 to ro.multisim.simslotcount=2
Someone at XDA has skinned the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 5.1.1 launcher to look like one on Android 6 marshmallow launcher. For this, you must be on android 5.1.1 on a Samsung device so if you are on Galaxy S3 Neo, upgrade to something like Motion S3 neo ROM. Naturally, you will need a S3 neo custom recovery and root to get this hack done.
1. Download and extract this file
2. Put apk in system/priv-app/TouchWizHome_ZERO (or ZERO-MR1) and set rw-r-r permissions for the apk.
3. Finally put the two libs in system/priv-app/TouchWizHome_ZERO (or ZERO-MR1)/arm/lib and set rw-r-r permissions for the libs.
4. Reboot and wipe data of touchwiz Home from Settings
* Added new 6.0.1 Clock image
* Replaced wallpaper button with 6.0.1 one
* Replaced page indicator with new rounded from 6.0.1
* Replace entire folders colors with 6.0.1 color scheme (Grey, Light blue, Green, Orange and Yellow)
* Fixed in Settings black text on black BG thanks to Martillero
Samsung has re-released one of its older models with improved specifications. The first-generation Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini was launched in 2012 and was less powerful version of Galaxy S3. The Korean giant is now offering with an improved CPU and newer version of Android.
Called the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini “Value Edition”, it is already on sale in the Netherlands and retails for EUR 180. It’s now powered by a much-improved 1.2 GHz dual-core Cortex A9 chipset and runs Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Rest of its specifications are the same as the original Galaxy S3 Mini.
Continue reading “Samsung Releases Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition With A Faster Processor”